Our Competitively Priced Plans
Why pick the Catholic Association of Foresters as your insurance partner?
- We’re small and friendly, compared to the big insurance giants out there.
- We’ve got a small-town feel and we’ve been home-based in Massachusetts since 1879.
- CAOF has some of the lowest prices in the market – our offerings start as low as $1,000.
- We are customer oriented and provide human service – no automated service loops to get lost in.
- Our rates are the same for smokers and non-smokers alike.
Like insurance companies, fraternal benefit societies sell insurance. Both are chartered and licensed in accordance with state insurance laws and both are examined and reviewed by state insurance departments. However, the similarities stop there.
Fraternal benefit societies are non-profit organizations that are defined by law as: “Any incorporated society, order or supreme lodge, without capital stock, conducted solely for the benefit of its members and their beneficiaries, and not for profit, operated on a lodge system with a ritualistic form of work, having a representative form of government, and which makes provision for the payment of benefits in accordance with this chapter, is hereby declared to be a fraternal benefit society.”
Fraternal societies are also subject to different legal restrictions and different tax laws than insurance companies; this exempts them from paying income and premium taxes. In addition, fraternals also have limitations on the type of insurance that can be issued; group insurance, credit life or closed contracts are prohibited.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our contact form or call us for a quick quote at 1-800-282-2263. We would be happy to discuss how CAOF can help meet your insurance needs.